Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Smell of clothes hung outside

So with the weather being in the 50's and a nice breeze I decided to do the one thing that I have been itching since the weather has started getting nice out....hang clothes outside.  Needless to say my towels that I hung out did not fully dry and I ended up putting them in the dryer to finish drying.  At least they will still have some of the fresh air smell on them.I haven't always been this way.  Growing up my mom always hung clothes outside including our socks and underwear!  I strongly disliked the smell of the fresh air on them.  Let alone putting on "stiff socks". My mother didn't believe in putting them in the dryer to soften them up.  She always said "that just defeats the purpose of hanging them outside." As I got older I refused to have my shirts hung outside.  My mom said that if I didn't want them hung outside I had to hang them on hangers myself and put them on a rack she had.  Of course that has all changed for me.  My husband says that both my mother and I are weird because we hang clothes on the clothes line.  I always say it takes less time to wash and dry all the clothes as I don't have to wait for each load to dry in the dryer and we save on electricity although I don't think we save a ton of money on our electric bill but I enjoy doing it so I am going to continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment